“Hats Off to Gardeners”
Saturday, June 17, 2023
Public Viewing – 1-3 pm
Wheeley Hall @ Esquimalt United Church
500 Admirals Road (entrance on Lyall)
includes entrance to the Flower, Fruit & Vegetable Exhibition,
door prize tickets & refreshments
Accredited BC Judges
Non-members welcome to exhibit
- We will be following the Covid protocols of the church hall.
- Wheeley Hall will be open for set-up from 6:30-7:30 pm Exhibits may be placed Friday evening after Show Set-Up is complete up to 8pm.
- The hall opens for placing exhibits at 8:30 am Saturday morning.
Exhibits must be in place NO LATER than 9:45 am.
- Judging starts at 10 am sharp.
- Entry cards must accompany entries on show tables. They’ll be available Friday night set up or at the door on Saturday at 8:30 am. They must bear the exhibitor’s name.
- Doors will be open for public viewing from 1-3 pm.
Refreshments to be served from 1-2:45 pm.
Door prizes to be drawn frequently throughout the afternoon.
- Entries to be removed following award presentations,
or at the chair’s discretion.
ROY OGDEN SMITH MEMORIAL TROPHY
high aggregate roses
RUBY CREIGHTON MEMORIAL CUP
best single rose in show
ELEANOR MACE ROSE BOWL
most fragrant rose in show
JOAN & JOHN BRYANT CUP
best rose entry
VIEW ROYAL GARDEN
best in potted plants
best perennial entry
Barbara Jean (BABS) WATKINS
vegetable & fruit
high aggregate for each remaining division:
(Division A B C E F H I J)
INDIVIDUAL JUNIOR TROPHIES
are available for qualifying entries in any J class
Note: Trophies are awarded to members only.
Qualifying non-members will receive rosettes.
- printer-friendly Summer Show DIVISIONS 2022 pamphlet
- Guide for Entrants (updated 2019) (the Bible)
- ENTRY FORMS for shows
- VOLUNTEERING for shows
- printable version of Guide to Vegetable and Fruit Numbers
- How To Exhibit
- Tips for Having a Happy Show
- “Best In Show” ribbons
- (past) EXHIBITOR’S HANDBOOK for Vegetables and Fruits
- (past) Show Rules
- printable version of Guide to RHS Daffodil Classification