With great regret, your Executive has decided to cancel the March, April, May & June general meetings in the belief that we all must do our part to slow the progress of this virus. We have also cancelled the Spring & Summer Garden Show & the Russell Nurseries trip. We continue to watch developments on the Island to decide the fate of the August meeting and Fall Show.
We hope that everyone will do their part by limiting social contact and observing all instructions from our public health authorities.
The best news is that being out in the garden is safe! 🙂
Wishing you all good health and hoping to see you soon,
President, View Royal Garden Club
March 17, 2020… updated April 14, & June 12, 2020
Saturday, June 20, 2020
Public Viewing – 1-3 pm
Wheeley Hall @ Esquimalt United Church
500 Admirals Road (entrance on Lyall)
includes entrance to the Flower, Fruit & Vegetable Exhibition,
door prize tickets & refreshments
(BONUS! Plant Sale – free entry)
Accredited BC Judges
Non-members welcome to exhibit
- Wheeley Hall will be open for set-up from 6:30-7:30 pm Exhibits may be placed Friday evening after Show Set-Up is complete up to 8pm.
- The hall opens for placing exhibits at 8:30 am Saturday morning.
Exhibits must be in place NO LATER than 9:45 am.
- Judging starts at 10 am sharp.
- Doors will be open for public viewing from 1-3 pm.
Refreshments to be served from 1-2:45 pm.
Door prizes to be drawn frequently throughout the afternoon.
Awards & 50/50 draw at 2:45 pm.
- Entries to be removed following award presentations,
or at the chair’s discretion.
ROY OGDEN SMITH MEMORIAL TROPHY
high aggregate roses
RUBY CREIGHTON MEMORIAL CUP
best single rose in show
ELEANOR MACE ROSE BOWL
most fragrant rose in show
JOAN & JOHN BRYANT CUP
best rose entry
VIEW ROYAL GARDEN
best in potted plants
best perennial entry
Barbara Jean (BABS) WATKINS
vegetable & fruit
high aggregate for each remaining division:
(Division A B C E F H I J)
INDIVIDUAL JUNIOR TROPHIES
are available for qualifying entries in any J class
Note: Trophies are awarded to members only.
Qualifying non-members will receive rosettes.
- Summer Show DIVISIONS or printer-friendly Summer Show 2019 pamphlet
- Guide for Entrants (updated 2019) (the Bible)
- ENTRY FORMS for shows
- VOLUNTEERING for shows
- printable version of Guide to Vegetable and Fruit Numbers
- How To Exhibit
- Tips for Having a Happy Show
- “Best In Show” ribbons
- (past) EXHIBITOR’S HANDBOOK for Vegetables and Fruits
- (past) Show Rules
- printable version of Guide to VRHS Daffodil Classification
updated Jan.4 2020