“Spring Has Sprung”
Saturday, April 15, 2023
Member & Family Viewing- 1-3 pm
Wheeley Hall @ Esquimalt United Church
500 Admirals Road (entrance on Lyall)
includes entrance to the
Flower, Fruit & Vegetable Exhibition,
door prize tickets & refreshments
Accredited BC Judges
Non-members welcome to exhibit
information: 250-858-9568 for details
- We will be following the Covid protocols of the church hall.
- Wheeley Hall will be open for set-up from 6:30-7:30 pm Exhibits may be placed Friday evening after Show Set-Up is complete up to 8pm.
- The hall opens for placing exhibits at 8:30 am Saturday morning.
Exhibits must be in place NO LATER than 9:45 am.
- Judging starts at 10 am sharp.
- Entry cards must accompany entries on show tables. They’ll be available Friday night set up or at the door on Saturday at 8:30 am. They must bear the exhibitor’s name.
- Doors will be open for public viewing from 1-3 pm.
Refreshments to be served from 1-2:45 pm.
Door prizes to be drawn frequently throughout the afternoon.
- Entries to be removed following award presentations,
or at the chair’s discretion.
ROY OGDEN SMITH CUP
High aggregate points
PEGGY PADDON TROPHY
High aggregate primula and rock plants
(Division D, plus Classes 62 & 63)
Best in potted plants
JACK MULLIN MEMORIAL TROPHY
VERN ARCHER MEMORIAL TROPHY
high aggregate flowering shrub and tree
THORSEN & STURMEY FAMILIES TROPHY
Best In Show
high aggregate for each remaining division:
(Division A B C E F H I J)
INDIVIDUAL JUNIOR TROPHIES
are available for qualifying entries in any J class
Note: Trophies are awarded to members only.
Qualifying non-members will receive rosettes.
- Spring Show DIVISIONS or printer-friendly Spring Show 2022 pamphlet
- Guide for Entrants (updated 2019) (the Bible)
- ENTRY FORMS for shows
- VOLUNTEERING for shows
- printable version of RHS Daffodil Classification document
- printable version of Guide to Vegetable and Fruit Numbers
- How To Exhibit
- Tips for Having a Happy Show
- “Best In Show” ribbons
- (past) EXHIBITOR’S HANDBOOK for Vegetables and Fruits
- (past) Show Rules
updated November 8, 2022