While Covid restrictions are being lifted, we will only be extending this invitation to garden club members and family. One exciting change is the reintroduction of our Tea, so members will be able to gather and visit.
Based on current guidelines for entrance to Wheeley Hall, we will be asking for confirmation of vaccination and masks will be required, unless you are seated and eating.
This show will be a bit of a hybrid, a cross between our “old” shows and our “modified” shows of the past two years. We will no longer stagger when exhibits can be brought to the hall, but we would still ask that participants use their own containers and prepare their exhibits & entry forms at home. If you don’t have a printer, we will supply some blank entry forms. Rather than our full slate of trophies, we will award a “Best in Show”.
Wheeley Hall will be open for set up on Friday, April 8th from 6:30pm to 7:30pm. Exhibits may be placed Friday night after set up is complete, up to 8pm and on Saturday from 8:30am to 9:45am. Late entries will not be accepted. Judging will start at 10:00am.
Doors will be open to garden club members and family from 1pm to 3pm.
Please set the date of April 9th aside and start to walk your garden for possible entries. It would be wonderful if each member would consider participating. Our Designer’s Choice theme is “Kaleidoscope”, so get creative with your interpretation.
It has been a long time since we have gathered, so we look forward to seeing everyone and enjoying the beauty of our spring gardens.
Wishing you all good health and hoping to see you soon,
Carol Ann Elliot,
Show Coordinator, View Royal Garden Club
Saturday, April 9, 2022
Member & Family Viewing- 1-3 pm
Wheeley Hall @ Esquimalt United Church
500 Admirals Road (entrance on Lyall)
includes entrance to the Flower, Fruit & Vegetable Exhibition,
door prize tickets & refreshments
Accredited BC Judges
information: 250-858-9568 for details
- Based on current guidelines for entrance to Wheeley Hall, we will be asking for confirmation of vaccination and masks will be required, unless you are seated and eating.
- Please prepare your exhibits at home and use your own containers or trays. Click here for printable copies of the entry forms. Please prepare your entry forms at home. If you don’t have a printer, we will supply some blank entry forms. Please bring your own pen. Designated working spots at the entrance to the hall will be available to drop off your exhibits.
- Wheeley Hall will be open for set-up on Friday from 6:30-7:30 pm. Exhibits may be placed Friday evening after Show Set-Up is complete up to 8pm.
- The hall opens for placing exhibits at 8:30 am Saturday morning.
Exhibits must be in place NO LATER than 9:45 am. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Please click the revised Show Schedule as there are many changes from previous schedules.
- Judging starts at 10 am sharp.
- Doors will be open for Garden Club Members & family viewing from 1-3 pm.
Refreshments to be served from 1-2:45 pm.
Door prizes to be drawn frequently throughout the afternoon. Awards & 50/50 draw at 2:45 pm.
- Rather than our full slate of trophies, we will award a “Best in Show”.
- Entries to be removed following award presentations,
or at the chair’s discretion.
ROY OGDEN SMITH CUP
High aggregate points
PEGGY PADDON TROPHY
High aggregate primula and rock plants
(Division D, plus Classes 62 & 63)
Best in potted plants
JACK MULLIN MEMORIAL TROPHY
VERN ARCHER MEMORIAL TROPHY
high aggregate flowering shrub and tree
THORSEN & STURMEY FAMILIES TROPHY
Best In Show
high aggregate for each remaining division:
(Division A B C E F H I J)
INDIVIDUAL JUNIOR TROPHIES
are available for qualifying entries in any J class
Note: Trophies are awarded to members only.
Qualifying non-members will receive rosettes.
- Spring Show DIVISIONS or printer-friendly Spring Show 2022 pamphlet
- Guide for Entrants (updated 2019) (the Bible)
- ENTRY FORMS for shows
- VOLUNTEERING for shows
- printable version of RHS Daffodil Classification document
- printable version of Guide to Vegetable and Fruit Numbers
- How To Exhibit
- Tips for Having a Happy Show
- “Best In Show” ribbons
- (past) EXHIBITOR’S HANDBOOK for Vegetables and Fruits
- (past) Show Rules
updated March 14, 2022